Tuesday, July 18

Bonds That Are So Strong

Once in a while we are reminded of the interconnectedness of all things, all beings. I was reminded last week while we were enjoying a little Vegas holiday, sans Jude (he was home with his Nana watching carefully over him).

Thursday, walking the Strip in the late afternoon:


"I keep feeling like my mom is gonna call me and tell me something's wrong."

"Nothing's wrong", JudesDaddy assures me.

"I keep taking my phone out of my pocket and looking at it to see if she called, how weird is that? I feel so silly. This paranoia is so unlike me. It's disturbing to be so disturbed".

"Hmmmm..."




Later that night, after returning from Cirque Du Soleil's "O" my phone rings. It's Mom. My JudeBaby is sick! Fever! Ear infections! Again!

So, it wasn't my own misguided paranoia. It was a mother and her baby so beautifully and woundrously connected that thousands of miles cannot separate them. Intuitively part of each other's very essence, their spirits intertwined for an endless eternity.

Aren't we all such marvelous beings?

No comments: